Chef De Partie
Reporting to: Head Chef
Gorse Hill Hotel in Woking is looking for a Chef de Partie to join their enthusiastic team. The position requires to assists in running the kitchen, contributing to the overall success of the restaurant, outlet and banquets, in accordance with the hotel’s standards and financial goals.
- Organises and sets up the assigned section of the Food, Beverage and Kitchens as efficiently as possible to increase speed and maximise productivity.
- Ensures that all dishes from that section are prepared consistently and according to standard recipes.
- Assists the Sous Chefs and Head Chef in ensuring that all culinary standards in that section comply with company and Hotel Policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Monitors food and operating costs and controls these by reducing waste.
- Trains the kitchen porters in that section of kitchen in the skills necessary for them to perform their function.
- Properly wraps, labels, dates and stores all food items in their correct areas.
- Sets up, operates and cleans all kitchen machinery/equipment and stores it in its proper place.
- Maintains complete knowledge of correct maintenance and handling of equipment, using only as intended and only after proper training has been demonstrated.
- Efficiently works with materials and/or resources being aware of and minimising costs and expenses.
- Keeps workstation clean at all times during service time.
- Performs all duties in adherence to all company standards and policy
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule and late hours when necessary.
- Previous experience in similar role essential
- Food and Hygiene – Level 2
- Worked within hotel industry
- Well organised - ability to work under pressure and to deadlines and targets, with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Ability to work both independently as well as part of a team
- A can-do attitude, team player, spirited & relentless in your objectives
- Great organisational and administrative skills
- It is essential that you can follow instructions whilst using your own initiative to prioritise tasks in fast paced and potentially stressful environment.