Sales & Events Coordinator - Gorse Hill, Surrey
Hours : Full-time(45 hours) and Part-Time(20 hours)
Gorse Hill Hotel in Woking is looking for an experienced Sales & Events Coordinator to join their enthusiastic team. This role will be varied and demanding suited to a hardworking and highly organised person who can work on their own initiative. The successful candidate will have proven experience in sales with the knowledge of Opera, MS Outlook and Word.
Build strong working relationships with your clients & effectively manage the diary to maximise revenue. You will also actively seek client feedback and sales leads wherever possible.
- Positively approach all sales opportunities in order to maximise sales and revenue by yielding the business in order to achieve the Hotel’s sales plan.
- Consistently deliver an excellent service to all guests and clients making enquiries or bookings at the hotel, with face to face and telephone meetings.
- Exercise efficient diary management in order to manage the yield within the conference office.
- Develop and maintain sales information through Opera Sales and Catering following the Company guidelines.
- Attend any communication meetings where appropriate to represent the sales & events department.
- Help host the weddings fairs or any other corporate events to promote the hotelEnsure all conference billing has clear instructions and clients have credit or pre payments are received
- Produce table plans and place settings etc. for events.
- Help manage all administration for the Conference Sales & Events Office.
- Liaise with external suppliers ensuring the supply of their goods and services meet the requirements of the clients, and charges are passed on accordingly.
- Stay aware of the services and facilities offered by the competitor hotels in order to promote your hotel to its full potential.
- To use our in-house system for all of your bookings, creating proposals, written confirmations & function sheets.
- Host Show rounds, final detail appointments and participate in Meet & Greet activities
- Excellent Maths and English
- Sales experience
- Knowledge of Opera
- Microsoft office – word, excel, outlook etc.
- Worked within hotel industry
- Excellent written and oral communication – must be confident and articulate
- Creative – originality and new ideas highly valued
- Eye for design with high attention to detail
- Well organised - ability to work under pressure and to deadlines and targets, with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- A can do attitude, team player, spirited & relentless in your objectives
- Great organisational and administrative skills
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: £17,000.00 /year
If this sounds like you, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org